Saturday, May 20, 2006

gazpacho

my host family just lectured me in the kitchen as to all the ingredients that go into a nice cool, refreshing glass of gazpacho.

i'd eat (drink?) it, but it's not something i'd crave on a normal basis.

host papa got pissed b/c i said it tastes like fish to me.

fish! there's no fish! tomatoes, garlic, breadcrumbs, [fish], vinegar, oil, [fish essence], peppers... he's simultaneously counting it all off on his fingers for emphasis.

let me clarify. i meant to say it tastes like there should be fish floating in it.

prominent ingredients ala students have noticed about their host mamas' cooking include: oil, deep fryers, mayonnaise, potatos, garbanzo beans.

personally, i'm in love with pisto and my favorite tapas include empanada de atun and pringa.

random entry, i know. but i'm trying not to study.

oink oink.

No comments: